Who’s Davinsi Labs
Great question! We live in a digital world, and we all use digital services on a daily basis. As an end user of these services, two things are important: you want to know that your data is being protected, and you want to have a flawless user experience. Davinsi Labs helps organizations to achieve a level of excellence when it comes to their digital services. As a Detection and Response Engineer, you will focus on our Security Intelligence solutions. Organizations are faced with an ever-evolving security landscape in which advanced threats are omnipresent. Continuous threat detection and response is a crucial part of a good security strategy. As a managed service partner in this domain, we offer our customers 24/7 peace of mind, protecting them and their most valuable assets.
Oh, and it’s not our first rodeo: we have customers among the top 200 in the Benelux, across different verticals – but all equally exciting.
We are a company “by engineers, for engineers”. We want you to be able to be your best self. This means we support our engineers and analysts to focus on what they love to do. Focus, Excellence, and Passion are in our DNA. Are they also in yours?
Your mission: what can you expect from the job?
You will be a part of our Managed Detection and Response (MDR) team. In today’s digital world, organizations need to shift their approach to cyber security. Prevention alone is no longer sufficient! There is an ever growing need to have rapid detection and response capabilities in place. Organizations are looking at trusted strategic partners to offer the valuable expertise and knowhow, to fully unburden them in the domain of detection and response. That’s where we come in. We offer MDR as a value service to a multitude of customers across different verticals – all equally exciting. Your primary objective as a detection engineer will be to continuously enhance our detection and threat response capabilities across different complex customer environments, and offer our customers ‘the comfort of knowing’.
Together with the MDR team, you will be responsible for:
- Researching new methods to find malicious behaviour in customer environments.
- Translating threat bulletins into actionable detection.
- Creating and continuously improving detection use cases, rules and analytics. You also map these use cases to best-practice frameworks such as MITRE ATT&CK.
- Activating and fine-tuning these use cases for customers.
- Testing detection capabilities by simulating attacks in a lab environment.
- Validating detection capabilities on live customer environments.
- Collaborating with the Incident Response teams to identify next steps, investigation and response playbooks.
- Maintaining the entire use case library in a version control system (Git).
- Simulating heat maps for customers to analyse detection coverage and gaps.
Is it me you’re looking for?
- You are passionate about IT security and technology and preferably have a few years of professional experience in the field.
- You have a strong background in Computer Science, Computer engineering or IT security (a degree is an asset).
- Affinity with big-data platforms (e.g. Splunk), SIEM-technology and/or SOAR-technology is an asset.
- Knowledge of modern security controls (NGFW, EDR, XDR..) and cloud security controls is an asset.
- You communicate in Dutch and English (both written and oral). French is an asset.
- You are a great communicator and enjoy working in close contact with the customer, acting as a trusted advisor operationalising threat detection and response.
- You are a problem solver with an analytical mind. As a team player with a positive attitude, you are always ready to challenge and to be challenged.
Did you check (almost) all of the boxes? Then you will love the next part!
#Wearedavinsi: what we offer
Our people are the backbone of our organization, and this is reflected in the remuneration we offer:
- An attractive salary package tailored for engineers, plus insurances.
- Advantages such as company car and a high-end geek starter kit (iPhone, Macbook Pro, Mobile and Internet subscriptions).
- A high performing dynamic team where initiative is valued.
- A modern, technology-driven and innovative environment.
- The most awesome colleagues in the world (we love food, drinks, and laughs!).
- We live by the saying, work hard, play harder. We love teamwork, organize team events every quarter, and during breaks at the office you can enjoy playing pool, darts or table tennis with colleagues.
- Opportunities for personal growth and to be your best self.
- Open communication and feedback culture. We practice what we preach.
Would you like to join our enthusiastic team?
Or are you curious to find out if there’s a match? Let’s have a coffee together. Contact us at career(at)davinsi.com with your resume and motivation letter or apply by filling in the contact form below.